Thursday, March 08, 2007
And, if there really were to be a temple, anyone who goes to its doors will be welcomed. Sincerely.
Friday, March 02, 2007
1. Do you think f2f communication important to a healthy society? If we communicate primarily through email, internet and such, how will this effect the growth of the society of tomorrow?To begin I'll say I believe we as a species are very adaptive and adoptive.Those who are exposed to tech can and do adapt to electronic processes involving information, communication, and interaction, although my 18 year old does not like reading online, while I do. But she is a wizard when text messaging. At the other end of the spectrum, my 81 year old father is very intrigued by all things tech--he was always an early adopter--cameras, recording equipment, any number of electronic devices. He told me he believes he was born 50 years too early; he would like a computer and a digital camera. At the moment, he is considering various cameras that will create images and prints without the need for a computer. Every once in a while I text message his cell phone just so he can figure out how to read it, and text me back. On the other hand, the most tech my mom uses is the telephone and the television.As far as effecting growth of society, I see this already. I interact and comment (nay even dis) those who give my older daughter a hard time when she posts entries to her blog. Here is a good example, where we pseudonymously post. Later, as a follow-up, I discussed my process with my daughter on our landline.
- First read blog entry, downloaded mp3 offerings, then read the first and only comment at the time.
- Thought about the commentator, and smiled wryly while thinking about an appropriate response.
- Thought how comment effected daughter, then decided to wait until others commented positively to her writing style. 24 hours later, spent too much time to compose an appropriate response.
- Discussed event five hours later with daughter; recapped one another's reaction and others' responses to the original post and first comment; laughed, and finally, caught up other's events for the week..
- Finally, located exact URL for WebCT entry, noted there are now 9 comments.
Librarything.com is designed to interact with others of similar tastes, while Amazon.com has a huge community of reviewers. This is the future of tech and human interaction through them.However, I must talk with friends via phone or F2F. I call my parents everyday, but feel guilt if I do not visit F2F every other week. How will this how will this effect society's growth in the future? To me, the future is the past plus the present. This means that we will continue until hitting a tipping point. At that point wlll all have cell phones that will conduct business/banking transactions, unlock car doors/homes via the internet, and receive images from fathers who are out taking pictures with their new digital cameras.
Note: If you can get your hands on St. Clair's book, " The Secret Lives of Color ," go for it! It's absolutely beautiful...
Current Conditions: Fort Bliss National Cemetery Originally uploaded by chacal la chaise . While I will always try to enter photos ...
old las vegas highway near old pecos trail Originally uploaded by chacal la chaise . Last weekend, we drove to Santa Fe by way o...